STUDENT INTAKE FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
Given the high demand for admission, offers of enrolment are highly competitive. Kindergarten and Grades 1 and 6 are the main points of entry at Southpointe Academy. We accept applications at all levels, but as our classes are capped at 24 students between Grades 6 and 12, space is not guaranteed.
How to Apply
STEP 1 – Download an application form.
- The following documents must be submitted before an application will be considered:
- Copies of the applicant’s school reports for both the current and previous year.
- For Grades 10 to 12, copies of reports for each grade of high school completed.
- Up to two academic or personal letters of reference.A photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate or passport.
- One (1) passport-sized photograph.
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee may be paid via cash or cheque to ‘Southpointe Academy’.
- Application forms may be emailed or mailed to:
- Southpointe Academy
1900 56th Street,
Tsawwassen, BC, Canada
- Southpointe Academy
Application deadline is Friday, November 30, 2018, for all Grades.
STEP 2 – Plan a Visit
- A tour of our school is the best way to determine whether Southpointe Academy feels like the right fit for your child. To schedule a tour, please email our Admission’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 604-948-8826.
- Alternatively, we invite you to join us at our Open Houses.
STEP 3 – Schedule an Entrance Assessment
- All candidates are required to undergo an entrance assessment to determine their suitability for our school’s program. In Kindergarten, the assessment is used to establish whether the student is ready for the program.
- Upon receiving your application, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule an assessment date.
STEP 4 – Student & Family Interview
- Following the reception of all necessary documents and the completion of an entrance assessment, select candidates and their families will be contacted to arrange an interview with one of our administrators. Both parents or guardians are strongly encouraged to attend.
- The aim of this interview is to ascertain whether the candidate and his or her family are congruent with our mission and core values.
STEP 5 – Admission Decisions
- Applicants will be contacted regarding the admissions decision shortly after their interview.
- Once an applicant has been accepted, a written notification of placement will be offered.
- Parents of an applicant for immediate entry will be notified via telephone.
- If the desired grade level is full, the accepted student will be placed on the waiting list.
- In order for an accepted student’s place to be held, a deposit fee is required.
- For students accepted for immediate entry, full payment of applicable fees, including the tuition fee on a prorated basis, is required prior to enrolment.